Signature of an agreement for the acquisition of WMF - Groupe SEB strengthens its global leadership
Groupe SEB is pleased to announce the signature of an agreement with KKR for the acquisition of the German group WMF, the global leader in professional coffee machines and German leader in cookware.
This structuring acquisition will allow the Group to:
- acquire a solid worldwide leadership in the very attractive professional coffee machines market, which is characterised by strong growth, high profitability and large recurring sales, due to a significant proportion of service activities;
- strengthen considerably its position in cookware, becoming the number 1 in Germany, notably via its high-end stainless steel product offering;
- accelerate its development in the key market of kitchen ustensils and accessories, continuing on from the acquisition of EMSA, to reach sales of more than €350 million;
- consolidate its brand portfolio with strong new brands - the iconic WMF as well as Schaerer, Silit, Kaiser and HEPP;
- access a network of 200 own-retail shops in Germany, a great tool to promote its image and generate revenues.
For more information, click here.